Commuter Club Powered by RideAmigos
If you use an alternate mode at least twice a week (transit, carpool, telework, bike, walk, vanpool, compressed work week), you are eligible for Commuter Club membership powered by RideAmigos. There is no cost to join. Membership is available to State of Arizona employees in Maricopa County (non-university). Benefits include an emergency ride home from work through Lyft, trip planning options on the RideAmigos dashboard, trip logging to track money and pollution saved, and opportunities to win prizes!
To join, please register through the Capitol Rideshare RideAmigos platform. Please provide all requested information and use your work email address when setting up your account (only state email domains have been approved for membership). Failure to provide all information will result in delay or denial of the request.
Signing up for Commuter Club on RideAmigos video
Emergency Ride Home
The primary benefit of Commuter Club is to offer employees who use alternate modes of transportation an emergency ride home (ERH), up to twice per fiscal year, for unexpected emergencies. Examples of qualifying emergencies include medical emergency, family medical emergency or the commuter’s carpool driver unexpectedly left early. ERH will return the employee to their car or their home. Please note: you must have a Lyft account to self-dispatch the ERH; Capitol Rideshare provides a Lyft Pass code to pay for up to $50 for an emergency ride.
To use the emergency ride home:
- Log into your RideAmigos account
- Under My Rewards (bottom of your dashboard page), select Emergency Ride Home.
- When claiming an emergency ride home, you must indicate which alternate mode you took used that day, confirm that you are using an alternate mode at least twice per week, and indicate the nature of the emergency (sick at work, family emergency, carpool driver left early, or other). After completing this information, click Complete request. An automated email from [email protected] will be sent to your RideAmigos account email address (your work email). This email will contain your Lyft Pass code. The code will also be visible in a popup window—do not navigate away.
- Open the Lyft app on your smartphone and tap on the three-line menu prompt. Open the menu item labeled Payment and tap on the prompt to "add Lyft Pass." You must manually type in the alphanumeric ERH code from the email you received from [email protected] Please proofread to ensure you have entered the code accurately. Your Lyft account will show a credit for a maximum of $50 off your next ride (the code expires within 24 hours). You can request the emergency ride and use your code to credit your account for the cost of the ride (up to $50). Please refer to the Lyft Pass Help page for additional information.
- Capitol Rideshare cannot reimburse employees for an emergency ride home, so please ensure you are already enrolled in the Commuter Club, you have an active Lyft account in good standing and you follow the instructions for downloading and using your Lyft Pass credit.
Capitol Rideshare Calendars
The 2023 Capitol Rideshare calendars have been sent out to the agency travel reduction coordinators for distribution to Commuter Club members. Please contact your agency travel reduction coordinator as Capitol Rideshare staff does not send these out to individuals.